Amanda gives us some great tips on what to pack in your hospital bag
Finally its time for what is properly one of the most frighting time and exciting periods of your life labor!
Here are a few things that can make this experience easier, such as support of a partner, family and friends. But it is also really important to know what to pack for your stay at the hospital, and prepare these bags early, so that they are ready to go when you are.
There are two bags you will need to pack for your hospital stay. One for the labor and another for after the birth. Here are some things you might like to pack in your labour bag:
- copies of your birth plan
- pamphlet book, information that maybe useful during your stay.
- tooth brush tooth paste
- wash clothes
- lip balm and moister
- water bottles
- pillows from home
- music, mp3 player
- camera, charger and batteries
- light and comfortable clothes and for your partner, also swimming gear if you want to be
massage in water
- massage oil
- sock and slippers
- list of people and number you need to contact , once you have had the baby.
- baby book
- anything else that may be a comfort to you
Post Labor bag
- nursing bras and pads
- maternity pads
- camera charger
- another change of clothes
- night gown
- going home outfit
for the baby
- baby clothes
- baby car seat, capsule already installed in the car
Of course, once you have imagined yourself in this situation you may think of other things as well, but the main thing is to pack as much as you can, as early as possible. Because you will never know how much of a hurry you will be in on the day.